Name : Sewa Singh
Father’s Name : Sant Baba Uttam Singh
Organization : Kaar Sewa Khadur Sahib
Designation : Head Volunteer (Sewadar)
Residential Address : Kaar Sewa Khadur Sahib
VPO & Tehsil: Khadur Sahib
Distt. Tarn Taran (PB)
Contact Number : Tel:-+91 1859 237234, 35
Cell:- +91 9417208634
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.nishan-e-sikhi.org
D.O.B(DD/MM/YY) : 15/03/1960
Occupation : Selfless Service
As a Head of Kaar Sewa Khadur Sahib:
Being Head of Kaar Sewa Khadur Sahib, Baba Sewa Singh is supervising construction and renovation of historical Sikh Gurdwaras in various parts of India.
As an Environmentalist:
* Campaign for tree plantation was started by him in 1999. So far more than 5 lac trees have been planted along the road sides as well as in the educational institutions, hospitals and other public places in Punjab, Rajasthan, Madhya Pardesh, Delhi and Mumbai.
* 480 Km roads and 500 villages have been covered in respect of tree plantation.
* Trees like Neem, Jamun, Tulsi and other varieties of plants rich in oxygen and for good healthy environment are successfully planted.
* Traditional trees like Banyan and Peepal have been. The group of Banyan, Peepal and Neem which is called “Triveni” has been planted in large numbers.
* A plant Nursery for the environmental projects has been established in Khadur sahib, which is always equipped with more than one lac saplings, which are nurtured and enriched with the best natural resources of the time.
* Concerned with the maintenance of ecological balance and the conservation of the environment and protect the environment from destruction or pollution.
* Encourages farmer for horticulture which is quite eco-friendly. For this purpose, various orchards have been established in Khadur Sahib which contains fruits of different types.
* Protect the air, water and land from pollution or its effects.* A new campaign is underway in which organisation have pledged for 550 plots of forest like plantation in the memory of 550 Prkash Purab of Guru Nanak Dev ji. Meanwhile 74 forest has already been planted in this series.
As an Educationist:
* Specialisation in educational theory or administration and an expertise to employ the unemployed youth in various fields.
* Seven educational institutes are running under Kaar Sewa Kahdur Sahib – One post graduate degree College, one B.Ed. College, one CBSE school, two senior Secondary schools in Punjab, three in backward areas of Madhya Pradesh. Large number of students are studying in these institutions.
Four more institutes run under his patronage through Nishan-E-Sikhi Charitable Trust (Regd.) Khadur Sahib:
* Sri Guru Angad Dev Institute of Religious Studies is running to impart spiritual and cultural education. The institute makes arrangements of comparative study of different religions of the world for its students.
* One Institute of Competitions with the motive of providing opportunities to students to get admission in reputed medical and engineering colleges at affordable cost and for economically downtrodden students was established in 2009.
* Institute of Career and Courses imparts training to women aspirants for recruitment in defence and police services. The institute has so far placed 588 candidates in various police, military and paramilitary forces among which 11 are designated as Sub-Inspector in Punjab Police.
* Nishan-E-Sikhi Preparatory Institute prepares the candidates for National Defence Academy (NDA) examination conducted for direct officer entry in Indian Army. The institute has so far placed 18 candidates in Indian Armed Forces.
As a sports promoter:
Baba Uttam Singh National Hockey Academy is running to promote hockey and it has teams of different age groups which have won various tournaments of district, state and national level. This academy has provided the brilliant players like Akashdeep Singh, Varun Kumar, Talwinder Singh and Mandeep Singh to Indian Hockey in last few years. Prabhjot Singh is playing in Junior Indian Hockey Team.
Award and Recognitions:
* The then UN Secretary General Mr. Ban Ki Moon honoured him during Windsor celebrations in London in November 2009.
* Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam former president of India presented him Capital Foundation Justice Kuldip Singh Award in 2011.
* Chief Minister of Punjab conferred the State Award to him for social service during the 65th Independence Day function on August 15th 2011 and 2018.
* Apart from these awards, various NGO’s have honoured him for his excellence in Environment protection, social service and education.
* Punjab state awards.